This group started in 1999 and has made nearly 5,000 quilts. Some of the places the quilts go are:
- Ronald McDonald House – Iowa City, IA
- Crestview Nursing Home – West Branch, IA
- Mercy Hospital- Skilled Nursing Facility, Iowa City, IA
- Domestic Violence Shelter – Iowa City, IA
- Families Inc.
The quilters have also made items for special needs:
- Bags to hang on walkers for Crestview Nursing Home
- Rail coverings for Crestview Nursing Home
- Hats for cancer patients, West Branch Elementary School, U of I Kids Cancer Center and Ronald McDonald House
Presently, the quilters group is not meeting.