Tuesday Quilters: This group started in 1999 and meets each Tuesday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM to make quilts that are given to various organizations. Everyone is welcome to come (no skills needed). There are many different “jobs” besides actually sewing. You can select fabric combinations, cut the fabric, iron, or help tie the layers together.
Some of the places the quilts go are:
- Ronald McDonald House – Iowa City, IA
- Crestview Nursing Home – West Branch, IA
- Mercy Hospital- Skilled Nursing Facility, Iowa City, IA
- Domestic Violence Shelter – Iowa City, IA
- Families Inc.
Tuesday Quilters also make items for special needs:
- Bags to hang on walkers for Crestview Nursing Home
- Rail coverings for Crestview Nursing Home
- Hats for cancer patients, West Branch Elementary School, U of I Kids Cancer Center and Ronald McDonald House
Donations of sewing supplies (batting, fabric, etc.) or money to purchase supplies are always welcome.
Total Quilts Delivered To Date: 4737